2014 CES Editors’ Choice Award Winner, XYZprinting’s da Vinci 1.0 3D printer, has become the world’s most affordable 3D personal printer of its capacity and is now available for pre-order online through Amazon.com for the US Market.
The da Vinci 1.0 is a plug-n-play 3D printer with a large build size designed specifically for households and small businesses. With no assembly required, a smart design, unique safety features and easy-to-use cloud system, the da Vinci 1.0 has redesigned the 3D printing experience making it more user-friendly across all aspects of the process than ever before.
The da Vinci printer costs only $499. In addition, the filaments (which come in 12 colors in both ABS and PLA materials. PLA will be available in Q4.) cost just $28 each. A starter kit with 300g of filament and tools are included in the box, and the printer comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
By registering online at the XZYprinting website, users can also find free 3D object files at XYZ’s open-source 3D cloud library, which features thousands of downloadable designs. It also includes pre-loaded designs that users can modify and customize to their preference. Users can upload and share their own designs with the community as well, and rate designs using a user-generated five-star rating system.
The innovative printer requires no set-up and is an enclosed machine that allows consumers to create thousands of items from bowls and cups to key chains and smartphone cases – the possibilities are endless.
Some of the key features include:
- Plug-and-play Printer: da Vinci is an out-of-the-box printer with no assembly or equipment adjustment required, making it a genuine plug-and-play personal 3D printer
- Large Build Size: da Vinci uses fused filament fabrication (FFF) technology and prints items at 7.8”x7.8”x7.8”, which is 20 percent larger than what other 3D printers in its class can print
- Closed Printing Area: da Vinci’s all enclosed design protects users from the high temperatures required to print and ensures printing byproducts aren’t released outside the printing area
- Cloud Database: Features an open-source cloud database with thousands of 3D models consumers can customize as desired
- User-Friendly Filament: With easy-to-install filament cartridges available in 12 colors, users can easily refill the printer or switch colors
Founded in 2013 and backed by Taiwan-based electronic manufacturing conglomerate, New Kinpo Group, XYZprinting is dedicated to bringing cost-effective 3D printing to consumers and households around the world. With proven industry expertise and an innovative spirit, XYZprinting is poised to break down the barriers of 3D printer ownership by providing an easy-to-use device that delivers an outstanding user experience.
# # #
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/xyzprinting/davinci10/prweb11626974.htm
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.