This linear motion hardware kit contains the shafts and ball bearings required to build the RepRap Mendel printer project. Six 8 mm shafts are supplied, two each of 495 mm, 406 mm, and 330 mm lengths. This kit also includes five bearings with inside diameters of 8 mm and dimensions of 8 x 22 x 7 mm and forty-eight bearings with inside diameters of 4 mm and dimensions of 4 x 13 x 5 mm.
Mounted bearings combine a bearing mounted inside a housing unit. The bearing housing replaces the need for a casting or weldment to position the bearing securely for reliable operation, and its design determines the type of insert bearing. Insert bearings use rolling elements (ball, cylindrical, spherical, barrel, needle, spindled, or tapered) to maintain the separation between moving parts to reduce rotational friction, and to support radial and axial loads. Available in a variety of materials and mounting configurations, mounted bearings can be one- or two-piece, they can have an extended inner ring and locking device, and they can have seals and end caps that retain lubrication and protect the working parts of the bearing from environmental debris. Mounted bearings support shafts in a variety of mounting configurations (flange block, hanger, pillow block, and take-up block), and are used in a range of applications from light duty shaft guidance on conveyors to road building equipment and crushers.
What’s in the Box?
- 8 mm shafts, 495 mm length (2)
- 8 mm shafts, 406 mm length (2)
- 8 mm shafts, 330 mm length (2)
- 8 mm ball bearings (5)
- 4 mm ball bearings (48)
- Linear shafts and bearings required to build RepRap Mendel printer
- Chrome plated and case hardened carbon steel shafts for resistance to corrosion and wear
- Carbon steel miniature ball bearings for durability
- Shielded bearings to retain lubricant and protect against contamination
- Part dimensions specified for accurate fit