The Printrbot Simple 2014 upgrade kit has an aluminum print bed and an aluminum extruder to replace the wood components of a Printrbot Simple 3D printer (sold separately). The kit, which requires assembly and includes fasteners, includes a 6061 aluminum print bed with a matte finish for a level build surface that will not warp. The 6061 aluminum direct drive extruder has a shrouded cooling fan, and allows heavier duty use than a wood extruder.
3D printers fabricate physical objects directly from computer-aided-design (CAD) data sources. Objects created by additive manufacturing are built by dispensing successive thin layers of molten material onto a moving platform base from a robotic extruder nozzle. The material is most commonly a thermoplastic or HDPE (high-density polyethylene) filament.
Printrbot manufactures desktop 3D printers and accessories. The company is headquartered in Lincoln, CA.
What’s in the Box?
- Aluminum alloy print bed
- Aluminum extruder
- Laser-cut wood plates for extruder
- Sheet metal fan shroud
- Assorted fasteners for assembly
- Kit to upgrade the extruder and printer bed
- Works with the Printrbot Simple 3D printer (sold separately)
- 6061 aluminum alloy print bed replaces wood bed for level build surface that will not warp
- 6061 aluminum extruder for heavier duty use
- Fasteners included and assembly required