ITEMS INCLUDED: ~7 bags of molding powder in 2 sizes; ~7 bags of casting stone; ~7 reusable plastic molding containers in 3 different shapes/sizes; ~mixing spoons & sticks; ~disposable stone transfer pippette; ~2 paint brushes & metallic pearl finish; ~sanding papers & detailing pin; ~hole punch & ribbon (for baby bottom); ~complete instructions. Overall, the materials will accommodate a foot up to about an infant shoe size 3 (the average age for this is 9 months) and/or an infant hand up to about age 12 months. However, every child is different and if you are unsure, measure the baby’s foot. (The foot casting tray is about 5 inches long and you want to have a little wiggle room.) [Party Packs are available for larger quantities castings and/or larger castings.] How is a 3D casting made? Mix the molding powder with water (cool setting, nontoxic & non allergenic) and insert the foot or hand (or dip baby bottom). Hold baby’s foot or hand in ther material for about 45-60 seconds. Wiggling is not a problem as long as your child’s foot or hand remains submerged in the molding material until it sets. Remove foot, hand, or bottom leaving behind a negative 3D mold. That mold is then filled with casting stone. Once hardened, the molding material is peeled away to reveal the stone staue. Note: Your child never comes into contact with casting stone.
- Create a 3D exact replica of baby’s hands, feet and/or bottom.
- Easy, Safe & Wiggle-Friendly. Baby is involved for less than 2 minutes.
- The rubbery nontoxic mold captures every precious detail down to fingerprints.
- This kit contains the materials for 7 castings: 2 feet, 2 hands, 1 baby bottom & 2 extra sets (for trials runs, etc).
- Acrylic metallic pearl finishing paint included.